Thursday, February 23, 2012

RADICAL GIRL SCOUTS PROMISE TO BE FRIENDLY

So I was trying to think of something witty to say about the Indiana rep who's calling the Girl Scouts a radicalized organization.

But, really, I think he's just got to be crazy. And stupid.

You can read about him here -- http://bit.ly/zB6lZh

Radicalized organization that promotes the gay lifestyle?????  Come on, they're girl scouts. They were too geeky for me and I was pretty much a nerd when I was a kid.

Doesn't anyone think anymore before they allow idiotic things to spew from their mouths -- or in this case their keyboards? It's like this country is full of a bunch of (elected) kids who haven't yet achieved impulse control and say whatever comes to mind.

Anyway -- to get a sense of just how radical the girl scouts are, I looked up their pledge.  It's pretty darn cute actually.  http://www.girlscouts.org/program/basics/promise_law/

The Girl Scout Law
I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
and to
respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.


Now that I look at it closely, perhaps they are radical. They are promising to do their best to be honest and fair.  Considering the behavior of our chosen leaders - state and federal - these little girls are really on the fringe.

1 comment:

  1. I've got something in my pocket, it belongs across my face.
    I keep it very close at hand, in a most convienient place.
    I'm sure you couldn't guess it if you guessed a long, long while.
    So I'll take it out and put it on, it's a Great Big Brownie Smile!

    ReplyDelete